This is where you’ll find all of the day to day details of our adventures, at home and abroad. The stories behind the photo’s. You’ll get to know us better and really understand where the photo’s come from. Every picture has a story and our story is written here with tips and recommendations as we go!
- Colonial Williamsburg Tuesday February 05th, 2019 Anybody that follows along on our adventures knows that we are much better described as travelers, rather than tourists. We love to go someplace and kind of just let the adventure happen. We try to immerse ourselves into the culture and way of life of the area we find ourselves in. Having said that, we ... Read More
- Exploring Chincoteague Island and Ponies Thursday January 31st, 2019 A huge thrill for this animal lover was taking the opportunity to visit Chincoteague Island. January in Chincoteague is cold and the ground is pretty marshy. If you don’t mind getting out in the cold and getting your feet a little muddy you’ll basically be alone on this island. I think we probably saw five ... Read More
- Sunrise and Whales WhooHoo! Tuesday January 22nd, 2019 The advantage of staying just steps from the beach was pretty obvious. We were able to sneak out of the condo while everyone was sleeping and get some amazing sunrise pictures. Our timing was perfect, we had the beach pretty much to ourselves while we walked to the pier on Sandbridge just in time to ... Read More
- First Landing State Park Friday January 18th, 2019 One of our first excursions in Virginia Beach was to hike one of the trails in First Landing State Park. There are 19 miles of trails in Virginia’s most visited State Park. Our trail took us through a cypress swamp and ended at a viewing platform that overlooked Broad Bay. An interesting phenomenon caused by decomposing ... Read More
- Sandbridge Wednesday January 16th, 2019 View from our Airbnb. The ocean is pretty rough today. I can hear it as I’m laying here waiting for sleep. After a pretty easy three hour direct flight from Denver to Norfolk Virginia we took an approximately 40 minute drive to our Airbnb in Sandbridge Virginia. Sandbridge is the southern part of Virginia Beach. I ... Read More
- Counting Down the Days Thursday January 10th, 2019 Getting ready to go hang out with these three handsom fellas. Leaving in 3 days for some family fun and tourism in Virginia Beach area. We’re going to head to the airport really early Sunday. Our flight isn’t until 8:30 but with the government shutdown there have been TSA agents quitting or calling in sick and ... Read More